- A pipe bomb went off in an underground tunnel linking the Times Square subway station and the Port Authority bus terminal Monday morning
- Police have taken one man into custody, who was wearing the homemade explosive
- The suspect has been identified as 27-year-old Bangladeshi national Akayed Ullah, who has been living in the U.S. for seven years
- Former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton said the suspect ‘supposedly was setting the device off in the name of ISIS’ and that it was ‘definitely a terrorist attack, definitely intended’
- CNN reports that the bomb detonated prematurely and that if it had gone off as intended the damage could have been catastrophic
A Bangladeshi national in his 20s has been taken into custody with serious injuries after a suspected pipe bomb he was carrying malfunctioned and exploded prematurely inside a Midtown Manhattan subway station Monday morning.
The explosion happened around 7:20am, in an…
View original post 243 more words