It’s a fishing expedition, at best; Treason, at worst.
Special-counsel appointments must involve a suspected crime. Trump did not commit specific crime, Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel over ZERO specific crime. Now they are using ‘fishing expedition’ to hunt for probable crimes. ALL WRONG from start to finish.
- Rules and regulations expressly mandate that there be a basis for a criminal investigation or prosecution before a special counsel is appointed
- The regulation, 28 CFR Sec. 600.1, : Justice Department may appoint a special counsel when it is “determine[d] that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted,” and that
- Regulation does not permit the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel in order to determine whether there is a basis for a criminal investigation
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed a special counsel and unleashed him to sniff around and see if he could come up with a crime
- A counterintelligence investigation is not a criminal…
View original post 899 more words