- AP investigation found 17,000 official reports of sex assaults by students in grades K-12 over a four-year period, from fall 2011 to spring 2015
- Attacks included incidents of rape and sodomy to forced oral sex and fondling
- Five per cent of cases involved 5-6 year-olds, and numbers jumped between ages 10 and 11 and continued rising until age 14, when they began dropping
- Fondling was most common but one in five abused kids were penetrated
- AP found schools and districts often bungled investigations, mis-characterizing sex attacks as simple bullying and neglecting to tell parents or authorities
Thousands of children are suffering sexual abuse at the hands of their school classmates every year, a horrifying new investigation has revealed.
The year-long probe by Associated Press uncovered roughly 17,000 official reports of sex assaults by students in grades K-12 over a four-year period, from fall 2011 to spring 2015. Around five per cent of those…
View original post 557 more words